All purpose vertically integrated publishing empire for cynicism, hopelessness and misanthropy. Mild nausea is common when using this product. Other symptoms may include, but are not limited to: dizzyness, headache, homicidal rage and yellow discharge. Rarely, users may begin to hear voices urging them to kill. If this occurs, discontinue use and seek psychiatric attention. Do not read when pregnant or nursing; the author thinks that's gross.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Printer Hijinks

A tale of swords and souls. No wait, that's Soul Caliber....

So I quit the grad program in the spring, right? I kind of assumed that my Indiana University accounts would be canceled by now, after only 6 months of not being a student. But lo and behold, while in the library tonight with the roommate, who has to do some work on lab machines, I discovered by chance that not only do they still work, but that my printer quota, which I did technically pay for with a technology fee, is still active! One thousand pages, no less.

So I immediately set to work spending them before they can get canceled. I just finished compilating and printing, thanks to the Internet Archive, every Bastard Operator From Hell article prior to his moving to The Register. It's a pretty large font so it's easy to read with a late night taco snack, as is my wont; I also plan to put each page in a sleeve or laminate them to keep them safe.

Total paper useage: 484 pages.

Muahaha. That'll teach them not to expire old accounts in a timely manner.

No comments: