All purpose vertically integrated publishing empire for cynicism, hopelessness and misanthropy. Mild nausea is common when using this product. Other symptoms may include, but are not limited to: dizzyness, headache, homicidal rage and yellow discharge. Rarely, users may begin to hear voices urging them to kill. If this occurs, discontinue use and seek psychiatric attention. Do not read when pregnant or nursing; the author thinks that's gross.

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Time Travel is Hazardous

So December 8th was Act Like a Time Traveler Day. I almost missed it, but one of the rooomate's crazy friends reminded me. We had to do something, but only had about an hour to improvise.

The solution? Pretend to be a dystopian future traveler, and run amok at Atomic Age. It was great, though I may have startled the poor Doctor, which is saying something. Long story short, the roommate acted as a lookout inside, while I waited for our squidy host to arrive. I managed to cook up a decent costume by applying wound makeup, lots of fake blood, dirt to look disheveled, and not shaving for the day.

When he had arrived, I ran up to him, grabbed him by the shoulders, and did my best Michael Biehn.

"What's the date?"

He pauses, confused, looking around, then answers something like December 8th.

"THE YEAR?"

"20, err, 17"

"THERE'S STILL TIME!"

Then of course I ran out to the car, changed my clothes, shaved my stubble off, put on my nice jacket, and sauntered in, as if to be oblivious to the events that had transpired.

Pretty standard I suppose, but still a lot of fun. Plus the Doctor has a new bloodstain on his jacket.

No comments: