All purpose vertically integrated publishing empire for cynicism, hopelessness and misanthropy. Mild nausea is common when using this product. Other symptoms may include, but are not limited to: dizzyness, headache, homicidal rage and yellow discharge. Rarely, users may begin to hear voices urging them to kill. If this occurs, discontinue use and seek psychiatric attention. Do not read when pregnant or nursing; the author thinks that's gross.

Friday, June 29, 2007

A Word Of Explanation and A Mission Statement

So, I really did mean to keep this blog up and do the short fiction experiment thing and all that. Unfortunately real life, as it so often does, got in the way.

I had a relapse of a health issue I thought I had resolved. I had to help an older relative move, and that was a massive trial that I hadn't seen coming that took weeks. I had to repair the damage done to a computer by a complete fraud of a tech support person. Finally, I just got behind in some areas of my personal life.

But I'm back now, and writing this on my dream computer, or one of them, that I got to put together over the break. Getting used to a 24 inch display is a pleasant challenge. What's harder is learning that the dvds you THOUGHT looked so great in fact aren't the best in the world if the resolution goes high enough.

Still, all in all, there's a lot to do and get caught up on. I think I'm going to change the focus of this blog for a bit. I don't really have anything I want to write at the moment, so I'm going to expand my horizons and read more, listen more, do more for a bit. I'll get on the political blogging aspects that I wanted to do from the start, and put the artificial deadlines on hold. Let's see how this shakes out.

No comments: